Wednesday, March 5, 2014

New Years Day Interactive E Book

Common Core is all about non-fiction texts... which is absolutely awesome IF you can find a high quality non-fiction text that is appropriate for your grade level.  Sometimes, this is easy, but other times this is a major pain... especially when you teach Kindergarten.  Most books are incredibly advanced, while others are way too simple. 

Anyway, this year, I decided to start creating more e-books so that I can really tailor the curriculum to the needs of my students.  Last month, I created an e-book called Animals that Hibernate and my students just love the interactive pages.  This month, I struggled to find a nonfiction text for New Years Day... so I researched the holiday and wrote one! 

I actually learned a lot while I was researching and this book has all of the important information that I found... including the fact that New Years Day used to be on March 1st!  (No Joke, January and February were non-existent for quite some time!  I was shocked and my students LOVED learning something that their siblings and parents probably didnt know!  Click the picture below to check out the book on TPT.  Its a Smart Notebook file and has informational text as well as question pages!

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/New-Years-Day-Interactive-E-Book-1039745

Sorry for posting this so late!  For all of my lovely blog followers, Ill share it with the first three people to comment for free!


No comments:

Post a Comment